Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Family work and Fathers

In today’s society work ethic is not the same as it uses to be. Up until the industrial revolution, work was done as a family. I realized how beneficial it was to a family to be with each other 24 hours a day. Family members grew closure and learned more and were more productive. I think that this is something that we miss out on in our modern society where one or both parents work outside the home and where children go away from the home to be taught. I’m not saying we should all go back and start living on farms again and homeschooling are children but there is a closeness and a productivity that can’t be replaced unless something changes. Work is important to our human wellbeing. Work is the most fun when we do it as a family. I remember growing up and working as a family. It was so much fun and I loved it. I might not have loved it in the moment but looking back, some of my favorite times was when we would do projects as a family; like planting a garden or painting the walls. All ways fun to keep your hands moving and talking with your loved ones. I know that working alongside with my parents and siblings helped us to be closer together.


Another thing that I would like to mention is how important it is for children to have fathers who are involved and loving. Fathers can bring a lot to the table. They can teach what a mother cannot. Raising children is a partnership not just a one person thing. Children need both parents. One of my favorite memories of something that my Dad would do, was to read to me and my siblings. Yes Mom could do that but it became a bonding moment with Dad. We would pile on to my parent’s bed at night when Dad would get home and he would read to us before bed time. It was a wonderful thing. Even though Dad was gone at work all day we still got to spend time with him. Fathers, even if they are tired when they get home, should make time to bond with their children. It is good for them emotionally, socially and spiritually. Mothers do a lot of good too, don’t get me wrong, but Fathers are underappreciated. Children need both parents; that is how God intended it to be. Starting back with Adam and Eve. A mother and a father involved in raising children and working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment